Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessful self-defence begins with your most powerful weapon: your mind. This is your guide to harnessing your natural survival instinct to overcome fear and respond quickly and decisively when faced with a threat. The author examines the role our natural instincts play in self-defence: why we typically igre them, how we can learn to tune in to them, and why we should listen carefully to what they are telling us in a crisis. With this kwledge as a foundation, you will discover specific methods for controlling fear, avoiding potentially dangerous situations, preparing yourself for a potential threat, understanding the role of weapons in an assault, and dealing with an assailant both physically and mentally. With a clear message and a wealth of experience, C.V. Rhoades brings a unique perspective to the role of self-protection in our daily lives.
- Author BiographyCynthia Vannoy-Rhoades has been a practising martial artist since 1989. She started her journey in Kempo and is currently a black belt at the Kyuki-Do Martial Arts and Sports Academy in Sheridan, Wyoming, under Master Jae Ho Sim. She was born and raised on a Wyoming ranch, where she still lives. She grew up worshipping nature and the natural world. She has been a rancher, guide, horse-trainer, writer-photographer and reporter as well as a martial artist.
- Author(s)Cynthia Vannoy-Rhoades
- PublisherTurtle Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationWethersfield, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtle Press,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.