All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.06Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe Danish philosopher K. E. Logstrup is best kwn in the Anglo-American world for his original work in ethics, primarily in The Ethical Demand (original Danish edition, 1956). Logstrup continued to write extensively on issues in ethics and phemelogy throughout his life, and extracts from some of his later writings are w also available in translation in Beyond the Ethical Demand .In Concern for the Other: The Ethics of K. E. Logstrup , eleven scholars examine the structure, intention, and originality of Logstrup's ethics as a whole. This collection of essays is a companion to Beyond the Ethical Demand , as well as to The Ethical Demand . The essays examine Logstrup's crucial concept of the sovereign expressions of life ; his view of moral principles as a substitute for, or inferior form of, ethics; his relationships to other philosophers, including the twentieth-century British moral philosophers; and the role of his Lutheran background in his ethics. Logstrup also firmly advanced the controversial thesis, examined by several essays in this volume, that the demand for other-concern central to his ethics does t depend on religious faith.For scholars and students seeking their first or their further understanding of this important thinker, this volume is a rich resource of insight and analysis.
- Author BiographySvend Andersen is professor of ethics and philosophy of religion at the University of Aarhus. Kees van Kooten Niekerk is professor of bioethics at the University of Aarhus.
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKees van Kooten Niekerk,Svend Andersen
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.