All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a celebration of concrete: collating fascinating and beautiful images of concrete structures from the breathtaking New York Guggenheim to coldly functional aircraft hangars, Concrete will engage anyone interested in architecture and encourage them to think about the sculptural qualities of buildings. Familiar icons by Le Corbusier and Tadao Ando are featured alongside vernacular structures such as petrol stations, vast power plants and London Zoo's famous penguin pool.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hall trained at Central Saint Martins and began his career in the office of the minimalist architect John Pawson. Formerly a Design Director at Phaidon Press, Hall now runs his own design practice in London, working with clients such as Calvin Klein, Henry Moore Institute and Tate. Leonard Koren has written and designed a number of books including Wabi-Sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets & Philosophers. In 1976, two years after studying architecture at UCLA, he founded WET, one of the premier avant-garde publications of the 1970s. He now consults on the subject of design, aesthetics, and communications. He lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Leonard Koren,William Hall
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.