All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionInside the controversial and newsworthy issue of concussions in American football -- Muchnick's trademark -holds-barred investigation reveals the corruption and scandals in real time Traumatic brain injury in football is t incidental, but an inevitable and central aspect of the sport. Starting in high school, through college, and into the NFL, young players face repeated head trauma, and those sustained injuries create lifelong cognitive and functional difficulties. Muchnick's Concussion Inc. blog exposed the decades-long cover-up of scientific research into sports concussions and the ongoing denial to radically reform football in North America. This compilation from Muchnick's -holds-barred investigative website reveals the complete head injury story as it developed, from the doctor who played fast and loose with the facts about the efficacy of the state-mandated concussion management system for high school football players, to highly touted solutions that are more self-serving cottage industry than of any genuine benefit. Kwn for extensive reporting on the tragic story of the Chris Beit murder-suicide, Muchnick turns his investigative analysis to traumatic brain injury and probes deep into the corporate, government, and media corruption that has enabled the $10-billion-a-year National Football League to trigger a public health crisis.
- Author BiographyIrvin Muchnick: Irvin Muchnick is the author of Wrestling Babylon: Piledriving Tales of Drugs, Sex, Death, and Scandal and Chris & Nancy: The True Story of the Benoit Murder-Suicide and Pro Wrestling's Cocktail of Death, and a co-author of Benoit: Wrestling with the Horror that Destroyed a Family and Crippled a Sport. He lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Irvin Muchnick
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Weight499 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.