All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionConcussions in Athletics: From Brain to Behavior is a timely and major contribution to the literature that comprehensively addresses the neuromechanisms, predispositions, and latest developments in the evaluation and management of concussive injuries. Also kwn as mild traumatic brain injury, concussion in athletics is a growing public health concern with increased attention focusing on treatment and management of this puzzling epidemic. Despite the increasing occurrence and prevalence of concussions in athletics, there is universally accepted definition, or gold standard, for its assessment. Concussion in Athletics: From Brain to Behavior provides a range of major findings that may shed important light on current controversy within the field. The book is organized in five parts: Evaluation of Concussion and Current Development; Biomechanical Mechanisms of Concussion and Helmets; Neural Substrates, Biomarkers and Brain Imaging of Concussion Research; Pediatric Sport-related Concussions; and Clinical Management and Rehabilitation of Concussions. An invaluable contribution to the literature, Concussions in Athletics: From Brain to Behavior is a state-of-the-art reference that will be of significant interest to a wide range of clinicians, researchers, administrators, and policy makers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 47 colour illustrations, 14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight664 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySemyon M. Slobounov,Wayne J. Sebastianelli
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.