Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe NATO Special Programme Panel on Condensed Systems of Low Dimensionality began its work in 1985 at a time of considerable activity in the field. The Panel has since funded many Advanced Research Workshops, Advanced Study Institutes, Cooperative Research Grants and Research Visits across the breadth of its remit, which stretches from self-organizing organic molecules to semiconductor structures having two, one and zero dimensions. The funded activities, especially the workshops, have allowed researchers from within NATO countries to exchange ideas and work together at a period of development of the field when such interactions are most valuable. Such timely support has undoubtedly assisted the development of national programs, particularly in the countries of the alliance wishing to strengthen their science base. A closing Workshop to mark the end of the Panel's activities was organized in Marmaris, Turkey from April 23-27, 1990, with the same title as the Panel: Condensed systems of Low Dimensionality. This volume contains papers presented at that meeting, which sought to bring together chemists, physicists and engineers from across the spectrum of the Panel's activities to discuss topics of current interest in their special fields and to exchange ideas about the effects of low dimensionality. As the following pages show, this is a topic of extraordinary interest and challenge which produces entirely new scientific phemena, and at the same time offers the possibility of vel techlogical applications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number253
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1584 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byD. J. Lockwood,F. Koch,J. L. Beeby,P. Ch. Gravelle,P. K. Bhattacharya
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.