All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book starts at the very beginning and ends with some remarkably profound insights on conductorial subtleties. An experienced conductor is one in whom detection, diagsis, and remedy take place simultaneously; as he hears the error, he realizes where the fault lies and what to do about it. This book gives valuable hints about these three basic conductorial functions from the viewpoint of chorus and orchestra alike. McElheran leads the student toward mastery of the problems at hand, with firmness and gentle humour.
- Author BiographyBrock McElheran was a conductor and professor at the Crane School of Music at Potsdam, the State University of New York. During his active career he prepared choruses for many of the world's leading conductors, including Eugene Ormandy, Robert Shaw and Zubin Mehta.
- Author(s)Brock McElheran
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2004
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width144 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.