All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConferences and Conventions: A Global Industry 3rd edition provides a comprehensive introduction to the key elements of the global conference, convention and meetings industry. It examines the industry's origins, structure, ecomic, social and environmental impacts, education, training and career opportunities, and the industry's future development. It also explores its links with the wider tourism industry, and suggests that there should be a realignment of these links, putting a greater focus on designing, executing and measuring meeting and convention contents so that they have a purposeful impact on participants, thus creating greater value for stakeholders. It suggests that there should be greater emphasis on the role that meetings play in ecomic, professional and educational development, promoting the benefits they provide in kwledge exchange, scientific research, techlogy transfer, networking and motivation and showing clearly what such business events actually accomplish. This revised 3rd edition has been updated to reflect current trends and emerging topics and achieve a more international approach. This edition has also been updated with the following features: * New content on social media, web based marketing, the use of techlogy, experiential marketing and events, the role of trade shows in conventions, issues of sustainability, and moves to create a profession for event management. * Fully integrated and updated case studies to highlight current issues and demonstrate theory in practice. Also contains new case studies on the growth markets of Asia, Brazil and the Middle East. * A detailed meetings and events industry lexicon. This book is written in an accessible and engaging style and structured logically with useful features throughout to aid students' learning and understanding. This book is an invaluable resource to students following Events Management, Hospitality and Tourism courses.
- Author BiographyTony Rogers is a consultant specialising in conferences, business tourism / business visits and events, and destination marketing and management as well as Visiting Fellow at Leeds Metropolitan University's UK Centre for Events Management.
- Author(s)Tony Rogers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEvents Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 colour illustrations, 29 colour tables, 19 colour illustrations, 20 colour line drawings
- Weight929 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.