All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike the first Hackett edition of the Augustine's Confessions , the second edition features F. J. Sheed's remarkable translation of this classic spiritual autobiography with an Introduction by ted historian of late antiquity Peter Brown. New to this edition are a wealth of tes on literary, philosophical, biblical, historical, and liturgical topics by Michael P. Foley, an Editor's Preface, a map, a timeline, paragraph numbers in the text, a glossary, and a thorough index. The text itself has been completely reset, with textual and explanatory tes placed at the foot of the page for easy reference.
- Author BiographyF. J. Sheed was co-founder of the publishing house of Sheed & Ward. Peter Brown is the Philip and Beulah Rollins Professor of History, Princeton University. Michael P. Foley is Assistant Professor of Patristics in the Honors College, Baylor University.
- Author(s)Edmund O. P. Augustine
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Note1 map
- Weight452 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byF.J. Sheed
- Introduction byPeter Brown
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.