All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionMary Wu, an ABC (American-Born Chinese), was diagsed with renal agenesis at the tender age of 3-years-old and in the 1980's when organ donation and transplantation was still in medical research development and lacking public awareness. Her parents, who were immigrants from China, were told that kidney transplantation was the only option to save her life. Mary Wu's life experiences and the many people along the way who guided her throughout her journey are told with candid information and inspiration to enlighten and engage readers for years to come.
- Author BiographyAs a two-time kidney transplant recipient with extensive personal and professional backgrounds in healthcare and social services, Mary H. Wu is a nationally-recognized advocate on behalf of the organ donation and transplantation community. She works individually and with various other organizations to increase education, awareness, and especially registration through public speaking, eclectic and published written articles, connections with political and celebrity figures, and mass and social media outreach. She was a Donate Life Float Rider at the 2012 Rose Bowl Parade. In her free time, Mary Wu enjoys swimming, traveling, and anything food and tea related. Confessions of a Kidney Transplant Recipient is her first published book.
- Author(s)Mary H Wu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.