All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA college grad has specific questions when trying to land the first job after school. How are just a few candidates chosen from a stack of hundreds of resumes? What exactly do recruiters want to hear in an interview? What are the common job-hunting mistakes students make time and time again? Confessions of a Recruiting Director gives the inside scoop on the entire hiring process- from a top recruiting director who's seen and heard it all-and delivers a specific, step-by-step approach to beating the odds.Step 1: Resumes-how to pass the 15 Second TestStep 2: Networking-how to use connections to get a jobStep 3: Cover Letters-why nine out of ten never get readStep 4: Ace the Interview- the shocking truth about what recruiters wantStep 5: Thank-You Notes- making a lasting impressionStep 6: Follow Up-the fine line between persistence and stalkingPlus: Real-life before-and-after resumes, cover letters, thank-you tes and the answers to ten necessary interview questions.
- Author BiographyBrad Karsh, -The Man Who Read 10,000 Resumes, - was the Vice President and Director of Talent Acquisition at Leo Burnett, one of the largest advertising agencies in the world. Now, as president of JobBound, Karsh is the leading authority on what it takes to land your first job after college. His insider advice has been featured on CNN Headline News and CNBC, as well as in Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Chicago Tribune, Newsday, Glamour, and the College Journal.
- Author(s)Brad Karsh
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight281 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.