Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionFirst Novel of the trilogy. - The battle for love is a war worth winning - Weddings signify the eternal bond between two people in love. But on this day, a bullet ends a marriage at the exact moment of its union. In Confessions of a War Child, the lasting damage draws two towns into a lifetime of hatred and war, and a new, young bride into a lifetime of sadness and grief. Now eighty-seven years of age, Camilia has never recovered from the loss of her husband, and true soul mate, sixty-six years ago. During all that time, she never once revealed the secret 'locked' in her heart. So when, through real fault of her own, her 'key' falls into the hands of twenty-four-year-old refugee Nader, we are taken on an adventure - traveling to his exciting future and revisiting her devastating past - to find and return what is rightfully hers. By combining a series of separate stories, involving multiple characters and timeframes, into one cohesive narrative, we are empowered with a sense of intrigue every step of the way. Narrated by the deceased groom, weaving a beautiful love story among dangerous warfare, Confessions of a War Child creates a mesmerizing atmosphere that will captivate readers from the very first words. Inspired by true narratives of war children, with a unique mix of mystery, romance, and murder, the story blends fiction and truth in an engaging manner that can't be denied. As the first installment, Confessions of a War Child is certain to resonate with readers around the world.
- Author BiographyChaker Khazaal is the author of the compelling Confessions of a War Child trilogy. Writer, public speaker, and contributor at The Huffington Post, Chaker grew up in a refugee camp in Beirut during the Lebanese Civil War. In 2005, he was awarded the prestigious Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, by York University in Toronto, for his excellent academic and leadership skills. Chaker then became a Canadian citizen, finally having a country to call home. Not one to forget his upbringing, he has traveled overseas to war zones, conducting interviews for his books and articles. His stories have powerful messages focusing on Middle East politics, and current world events. Widely anticipated, they reach global audiences - a true testament to an inspiring young man. A savvy spokesperson featured in print and digital media, Chaker is a strong advocate for both refugees and aspiring writers, captivating the youth of today through publications and social media engagement. In 2015, the Arabian Business magazine listed Chaker Khazaal 36th among the 100 Most Powerful Arabs Under 40 in the world.
- Author(s)Chaker Khazaal
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ali Shehade
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.