CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionFamily Values is something we hear about all the time by politicians and pundits, preachers and proselytes, who paint a picture of crumbling families and a deteriorating social order. The rhetoric is of fear and exclusion, and is completely divorced from any tion of what the American family is actually like. Finally, Russell King brings sanity, respect, and honest insight into the debate. At last, a poignant look at one father's efforts to make family values synymous with inclusion, growth, community, and love.
- Author BiographyRussell King's been making his way through life by hooking nouns to verbs since before he knew what nouns and verbs were. At age 5, he wrote stories on the backs of tithing envelopes in church while his father preached. He began writing for a living after he found law school was mind-crushingly dull. He's written for a wide range of audiences, purposes and genres: from political persuasion to policy analysis; from to poetry to prose; from fishing to philosophy and more. Russ's 2010 blog post Open Letter to Conservatives went viral, becoming the single most read post in the history of the TalkingPoints Memo network and was featured on MSNBC. His writings have appeared nationally and internationally, in newspapers, magazines, books and journals, in policy and position papers, in speeches and commentaries, in print and online. Russell is a winner of the national Rosebud award for poetry and recipient of multiple awards for poetry and essay writing. He holds his creation of the Wisconsin state Poet Laureate post as one of his proudest achievements.
- Author(s)Professor of Geography Russell King
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.