All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a textbook for students and a must-have guide for practitioners. In the past, arbitration, direct bargaining, the use of intermediaries, and deference to international institutions were relatively successful tools for managing interstate conflict. In the face of terrorism, intrastate wars, and the multitude of other threats in the post-Cold War era, however, the conflict resolution tool kit must include preventive diplomacy, humanitarian intervention, regional task-sharing, and truth commissions. Here, Jacob Bercovitch and Richard Jackson, two internationally recognized experts, systematically examine each one of these conflict resolution tools and describe how it works and in what conflict situations it is most likely to be effective. Conflict Resolution in the Twenty-first Century is t only an essential introduction for students and scholars, it is a must-have guide for the men and women entrusted with creating stability and security in our changing world.
- Author BiographyJacob Bercovitch is Professor of International Relations at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Richard Jackson is Deputy Director of the Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Contemporary Political Violence at Aberystwyth University.
- Author(s)Jacob Bercovitch,Richard Jackson
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note7 tables, 6 figures
- Weight662 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.