All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a one-stop introduction to the methods of ergodic theory applied to holomorphic iteration. The authors begin with introductory chapters presenting the necessary tools from ergodic theory thermodynamical formalism, and then focus on recent developments in the field of 1-dimensional holomorphic iterations and underlying fractal sets, from the point of view of geometric measure theory and rigidity. Detailed proofs are included. Developed from university courses taught by the authors, this book is ideal for graduate students. Researchers will also find it a valuable source of reference to a large and rapidly expanding field. It eases the reader into the subject and provides a vital springboard for those beginning their own research. Many helpful exercises are also included to aid understanding of the material presented and the authors provide links to further reading and related areas of research.
- Author BiographyFeliks Przytycki is a Professor in the Institute of Mathematics at the Polish Academy of Sciences. Mariusz Urbanski is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of North Texas.
- Author(s)Feliks Przytycki,Mariusz Urbanski
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Number371
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note26 b/w illus. 90 exercises
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.