Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe Life and Adventures of William Billy Buckley Truth is the state of mind where you get past the idea of worrying about being alive or t. Personally, I think it should be a lifetime experience. Billy Buckley Meet William Billy Buckley, small in stature, but muscular and tough as railroad spikes. He's a feisty, fearless, brawling, patriotic military guy, but otherwise just an ordinary man hailing from rural West Virginia in Appalachia country. Billy had the uncanny ability to gravitate from one strange situation to ather throughout his life. And unlike most folks where he grew up, he had an innate curiosity and explored and questioned everything. If he wasn't supposed to do something, he'd go ahead and do it anyway, just to find out the consequences. And as such he always had one foot in the door to the fringes of the universe... and reality as we kw it. Things happened to him all the time which he couldn't really explain, until he reached a point where he found himself compelled to tell his story. I was merely the vehicle chosen to relate his experiences. Our story begins in the little paniolo (cowboy) town of Makawao on Maui in Hawaii sometime in the early 1970's. Going rth from Billy's Dinky Diner caboose cafe on Makawao Avenue about three miles brought one to St. Joseph's Catholic Church, built in stone to last for an eternity of worship for those who needed to stay in touch with their God once a week. However, it wasn't a place for Billy, but it proved to coincidentally be ather milestone for other worldly events in his experience. Although this book was written as a vel, it is an action-adventure historical narrative of one person's journey to find purpose and meaning to life. Everything you are about to read is true, except some names, dates, events, and places have been changed for the sake of anymity, or protecting the guilty as Billy would say. But who is going to believe this story anyway? Try and read it with an open mind. I kw that's asking a lot, but if you can make it to the end, I guarantee you will become a different person with a different outlook on life, and reality as we kw it. Over 90% of humanity goes thru life without questioning anything. Many are unfortunate in that they are too caught up in survival to even have the time to do anything other than make ends meet. But all the rest are either lazy, content with the status quo, or simply too brainwashed to take the time to make any discoveries on their own. This is the story of someone - an ordinary person really - who had an unsatiable curiosity for discovery and an exhaustive appetite for questioning everything around him. This book is about his journey. We should all be asking the following questions: Who are we? Where are we going? What is our purpose? What is the bigger picture? Are our thoughts controlled? What determines our reality? Are we alone in the universe? Where did we really come from? Are aliens from other planets here? When we die, is it the end, or just a transition?
- Author BiographyJOHN AUGUST has been both a feature writer for a variety of publications, and has written numerous op/ed articles from The Whole Earth Review to The Wall Street Journal. Along the way he worked doing custom design/build for over 40 years to support his writing habit. Some of his work can be seen at www.geckostone.com. He is also a multi media master craftsman, inventor, musician, poet, researcher, independent scholar, architectural designer, and cook. Currently he resides in Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii, where he is building an all concrete home.
- Author(s)John August
- PublisherIrighti LLC
- Date of Publication19/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIrighti LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.