All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about doing what's right for public education in the United States in this age of intensive curriculum convergence, planned instructional standardization, and oppressive accountability procedures. Information is presented about why and how educators, parents, students, community members, and policy-makers have decided to protest against current state and federal educational policies and procedures. The practical experiences of parents, teachers, principals, school superintendents, school board members, and professors are analyzed in chapters of this book. Their first-hand experiences with the various components of the current reform movement are poignantly presented. Through their voices the frustrations with the serious flaws associated with this reform agenda are passionately and logically articulated. They comprehensively explain their personal and professional motivations for organizing and fomenting a rethinking in school reform implementation procedures and they advocate their smarter approach to school reforms in our country. The book includes key references that elucidate the need to seriously re-think the directions and strategies of contemporary schooling in order to maintain enlightened creative instruction based on exciting student-centered curriculum experiences and professional educational judgments.
- Author BiographyDr. Walter S. Polka is currently a tenured full professor in the Department of Professional Studies and Coordinator of the PhD Program in Leadership and Policy at Niagara University. Previously, he was an Associate Professor of Educational Administration and Coordinator of the Doctoral Program at Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia. He also served for over 35 years as a public school teacher, curriculum coordinator, school district administrator, and superintendent of schools in New York. He serves in leadership positions for several national and international professional organizations. He produced numerous publications and has presented his education research throughout the USA and in 25 countries worldwide. He has received several awards and recognitions during his career including the State University of New York at Buffalo Graduate School of Education 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award. Dr. John McKenna is an award winning principal and national speaker from western New York. For his contributions he has been honored as the New York State Outstanding Educator in 2012 by the School Administrators Association of New York State; The Presidential Distinguished Elementary Principal Award from the Buffalo/Niagara Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa International in 2013 and the prestigious Distinguished Alumni Award by the State University of New York at Buffalo in 2014. In 2015 he was elected to serve as the President of the School Administrators Association of New York State.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJohn McKenna,Walter S. Polka
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.