All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionLast year's protracted health care debate in the United States exposed the world to a Congress gridlocked by outdated rules, incivility, and partisanship that have national security implications. In a post-9/11 world of nuclear standoffs, terrorist threats, and ecomic rivalries, congressional oversight and action is needed more than ever. Yet deadlock and dysfunction have caused Congress to fall short in fulfilling its constitutional role as partner to the executive branch in the formulation and implementation of national security policy. Congress and National Security reviews the factors that have led to today's dysfunctional Congress and the impact the breakdown has had on its role in shaping national security policy. Kay King explains the demise of effective congressional action on pressing international issues since the conclusion of the cold war. She offers a series of recommendations to reset congressional rules, practices, and procedures to address the deadlock and restore Congress as a full partner to the executive branch in advancing U.S. national security interests.
- Author BiographyKay King, currently vice president of Washington Initiatives at the Council on Foreign Relations, gained extensive congressional experience as deputy assistant secretary of state for legislative affairs and senior legislative assistant for foreign and defense policy to then senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.).
- Author(s)Kay King
- PublisherCouncil on Foreign Relations
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCouncil on Foreign Relations
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight97 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.