All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is an illustrated guide to varieties, cultivation and care, with step-by-step instructions and over 160 beautiful photographs. Everything you need to kw at a glance in one handy and superbly illustrated practical guide. It offers full photographic directory of over 50 varieties, including large, medium, small and dwarf conifers. For each variety, full botanical information is provided on history, growth, hue, height, spread and suitability. It offers step-by-step guidance on planting, propagation and pruning, and how to deal with common pests and diseases. It includes instructions on buying conifers, growing them in containers, transplanting established shrubs and trees, and creating evergreen conifer hedges. It is a highly accessible guide to some of the most popular and versatile plants, celebrating their diversity and beauty. Mainly evergreen, tough and hardy, conifers give year-round pleasure and interest, providing superb backdrops to the transient flowers of summer, then coming into their own in autumn and winter as their firm outlines begin to dominate the scene. This book explains the place of conifers in the plant kingdom, suggests ways in which they can be used in the garden, and illustrates some of the most striking types w in cultivation. A fully illustrated directory of 50 recommended varieties, together with expert advice on how and where to plant them to their best advantage, will help you to create bold shapes, textures and contours in all types of garden.
- Author BiographyAndrew Mikolajski is an established and highly respected gardening expert. He edited the RHS Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers and the RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (both Dorling Kindersley), and he has contributed articles to every major gardening magazine and specialist journal. His published works include: Garden Plants and Gardening Techniques; The Practical Encylopedia of Garden Pests and Diseases (both Southwater); and The Busy Gardener's Guide (Time Life).
- Author(s)Andrew Mikolajski
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 160 photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width200 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.