Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe first in a series of books kwn as 'Tackle This Sport', parodying the famous 'Kw The Game' series, which all will remember from childhood. For those aspiring to become world-class sportsmen (or women), 'Kw the Game' was the essential inside guide to the rules, tricks and tactics of your chosen sport, be it squash, basketball or lacrosse. 'Tackle This Sport' mimics the 1970s editions of the series, tapping into the same vein of stalgia-based humour as TV programmes such as 'Look Around You'. This volume focuses on Playground Games - otherwise kwn as Playground Fighting. For centuries, schoolboys have indulged in this ble pursuit, which has evolved complex traditions and customs unintelligible to the casual observer. 'Tackle This Sport' explains the proud history of playground fighting, taking the reader through the basics - the kit, the rules, the tactics, the training, and the moves (including the Highland Headbutt and the DNL - Deadly Nipple Lock), so that you can truly reach the top of your game. It's going to be painfully funny...Also look out for planned future titles, including Playground Football, Playground Winter Sports (sliding, sledging on council signs, sledging standing up etc) and The Playground Olympics (Tag, British bulldog, conkers, French skips and that thing girls do when they throw a ball against a wall whilst reciting a rhyme. ..).
- Author BiographyHarry has written a humorous weekly sports column in the Guardian since 1998 and is the author of six books including 'The Far Corner' (runner-up for the William Hill Sports Book Award), 'Racing Pigs and Giant Marrows' (runner-up for the Thomas Cook/Daily Telegraph Travel Book of the Year) and 'Dribble! An Unbelievable Encyclopedia of Football'.
- Author(s)Harry Pearson,Tim Bradford
- PublisherAnova Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2010
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteThroughout
- Weight313 g
- Width185 mm
- Height134 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.