All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.89Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionConnected Lives examines the account of human nature that is implicit in an ethics of care, a picture of human lives that emphasizes interdependency, embodiment, and social connectedness. The book makes important connections to the picture of human life found in theorists of love such as St. Augustine and Emmanuel Levinas, and shows that when care theory is articulated clearly, it provides resources for thinking through some of the difficult moral issues we face in the contemporary world, issues such as assisted reproduction and the new genetic techlogies.
- Author BiographyRuth E. Groenhout is associate professor of philosophy at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Author(s)Ruth E. Groenhout
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/02/2004
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleFeminist Constructions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width151 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.