All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a multifaith society: an ever-growing, diverse cultural climate, where religion is viewed as having a mopoly on truth. It is important when that Christ-followers t only share the Word of God but also listen and learn how to interact meaningfully with those of diverse perspectives as we engage in life's most important conversations. Connecting Christ encourages believers to be t only better communicators and witnesses but also listeners to people of other worldviews and traditions--skills that are crucial in defending against today's negative contations and ineffective approaches associated with Christian evangelism. With extensive commentary from leaders of various walks of faith and life -- from Judaism to Islam and Buddhism to atheism --theologian and author Dr. Paul Louis Metzger offers a spiritual compass to help navigate the intimidating yet critical dialogue of conveying our faith in Christ. Filled with practical guidance and insight into controversial topics, such as hell, fascism, and homosexuality, Connecting Christ reveals that there is a way of evangelizing that is neither disengaging mologue r silent, lifestyle ministry but is, instead, an approach for evangelism and dialogue to go hand-in-hand. We must remove ourselves as the stumbling block to salvation for others and embrace a way to proclaim the uncommon, compassionate God revealed in Jesus Christ--the Savior this world is dying to kw.
- Author BiographyPaul Louis Metzger, PhD, professor of Christian theology and theology of culture at Multnomah Biblical Seminary, Multnomah University, is founder and director of the seminary's Institute for the Theology of Culture: New Wine, New Wineskins. Dr. Metzger received his PhD from King's College London. He is the author of numerous works, including the award-winning Consuming Jesus: Beyond Race and Class Divisions in a Consumer Church. Dr. Metzger is married with two children.
- Author(s)Paul Louis Metzger
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.