All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe need for improved water resource protection, beginning with grassroots action, is urgent. The water we use depends on networks of wetlands, streams, and watersheds. Land-use activities, however, are changing these natural systems. Often these changes result in ecological damage, flooding, water pollution, and reduced water supply. We need a healthy environment that sustains our personal and community health; we also need vibrant and sustainable ecomic development that does t destroy the benefits we derive from nature. Our ability to accomplish both depends on how well we can connect the drops. In this book, Karen Schneller-McDonald presents the basics of water resource protection: ecology and watershed science; techniques for evaluating environmental impacts; obstacles to protection and how to overcome them; and tips for protection strategies that maximize chances for success. Schneller-McDonald makes clear the important connections among natural cycles, watersheds, and ecosystems; the benefits they provide; and how specific development activities affect water quality and supply. The methods described in Connecting the Drops have broad application in diverse geographic locations. The environmental details may differ, but the methods are the same. For water resource managers and concerned citizens alike, Connecting the Drops helps readers interpret scientific information and contextualize news media reports and industry ads-ultimately offering how to guidance for developing resource protection strategies. Visit the website for this book at http://thewetnet.net.
- Author BiographyKaren Schneller-McDonald is a wetland and water resources specialist. She is the president of Hickory Creek Consulting LLC.
- Author(s)Karen Schneller-McDonald
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintComstock Publishing Associates
- Content Note28, 6 black & white line drawings, 18 tables, 4 maps
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.