All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionShawn Hall's immensely popular guidebooks to Nevada ghost towns have become essential resources for backcountry explorers and scholars alike. Now Hall returns to Elko County to survey the county's railroad and stage stations, as well as other sites t included in his earlier survey of this vast and colorful section of the state. As in his earlier volumes, Hall includes a history of each site he lists, along with period and contemporary photographs, directions for locating the sites, and an assessment of their present condition. His historical accounts, based on a wide range of primary and secondary sources, are both scholarly and engaging, rich in anecdotes and personalities, and in the fascinating minutia of history often igred by more academic writers. Shawn Hall's dedication to documenting Nevada's thousands of historic sites has enriched our kwledge of the state's relatively brief but very eventful past. Connecting the West is a worthy addition to Hall's remarkable efforts to preserve the state's history.
- Author BiographyShaion Hall has devoted his career to exploring and recording historic sites, ghost towns, and abandoned mining camps in each of Nevada's seventeen counties. Hall is director of the Tonopali Historic Mining Park in Nye County, Nevada.
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Content Note100 b&w photographs
- Weight562 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.