All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe processes of distention and recoil have an essential role in the functions of arteries and lungs. In both organ systems, these processes involve to a great extent the connective tissues, in particular the manner in which the extracellular materials are arranged to afford such movements. This book concerns the microenvironment of the connective tissues in the walls of arteries and the stroma of lungs. Proteoglycans, collagen, and elastic fibers and their interrelationships are discussed by eight scientists who are established researchers in this area. Their reports include important findings on how this microenvironment is altered in diseases such as atherosclerosis, emphysema, and pulmonary fibrosis. The concepts developed result from studies at the biochemical, macromolecular, ultrastructural, and light microscopic levels. Taken col- lectively, the reports focus attention upon the role of the connective tissues in arterial and lung distensibility and how alterations in the connective tissues result in the loss of this function. Medical researchers and physicians interested in arterial or lung functions or diseases will find the scientific approaches and findings of the authors invative and provocative. Students of stereologic morphometry will be particularly interested in the quantitative studies of cells and fibers in arterial walls; histologists and pathologists will find the chapter on histochemical staining interesting from both a scientific and historic viewpoint.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight569 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byA. B. Chandler,T. F. McDonald
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.