All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGetting caught in unwanted thoughts and emotions can feel like an inevitable part of life. But Eknath Easwaran, a world-famous spiritual teacher who taught meditation for nearly 40 years, shows a way to break free. Just as a fitness routine can result in a strong, supple body, spiritual disciplines can shape a secure personality and a resilient, loving mind. Best of all, these opportunities to grow stronger spiritually arise t only during meditation but throughout the day. Whether working with difficult colleagues, going out to eat, or responding to a child's needs, readers learn how to try out different, wiser choices. With humor and empathy, Easwaran places timeless teachings from the Buddha and other mystics into contemporary scenes -- watching a juggler on the street, taking a tennis lesson, going to the theater. Training the mind is life's biggest adventure, and Conquest of Mind shows how this practice brings deepening relationships, increasing vitality, and a greater sense of purpose.
- Author BiographyEknath Easwaran (1910-1999) is a teacher respected around the world as the author of passage meditation, and as an authentic guide to the timeless wisdom of the classics of Indian spirituality. Easwaran's books include commentaries on the great saints and sages of the world's traditions and have been published in 26 languages. His translations of the Indian spiritual classics (The Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads, and The Dhammapada) have been widely acclaimed and are all bestsellers in their field, and more than 1.5 million copies of his books are in print. A gifted teacher who lived for many years in the West, Easwaran lived what he taught, giving him enduring appeal as a teacher and author of deep insight and warmth.
- Author(s)Eknath Easwaran
- PublisherNilgiri Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleEssential Easwaran Library
- Place of PublicationTomales
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNilgiri Press
- Weight285 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.