Conscious Parenting: The Holistic Guide to Raising Joyful and Happy Children by Leah Lynn, Gabriel Cousens (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.01+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConscious Parenting is a great resource for parents seeking advice on optimal vegan nutrition and the importance of unplugging and having quiet time in nature for today's children. Anchored by extensive research on the importance of diet and environment by the world's leading authority on spiritual nutrition, the book is packed with advice and information to help you choose authentic, organic, vegan food for optimal health; support your child's emotional, social, and mental development; counter the effects of environmental toxins and harmful media; and create a nurturing environment for your child's spiritual growth. Table of Contents (Preview) Chapter 1: The Role of the Alive Parent / The Role of the Alive Child Chapter 2: Creating an Alive Environment / Six Foundations for Spiritual Life / The Sevenfold Peace Chapter 3: Perspectives on Support for the Alive Child According to Stages of Development Chapter 4: Supporting the Child's Physical Development / Living Foods for the Living Body / The Vegan, Live-Food Solution is Safe / A New Look at Transitioning from Eating Flesh Food / Don't Eat the Fish / Don't Pig Out / Poultry Problems Chapter 5: Why Authentic, Vegan, Organic Food? / Organic Foods / Organic Veganic Farming / Pesticide Pestilence / Protect Yourself Against Food Chemicalization / Genetically Engineered Foods / Irradiated Foods: Ather Biohazard / Go Organic / The Low-Sugar Piece to the Whole Food Puzzle / Natural Low Sugar and No Sugar Sweeteners / Minerals and Children: Precious Gems / Children Need Dietary Fats / Protein for Growing Bodies/ Is a Plant-Sourced Diet Safe for Children? / But Children Don't Like Healthy Food? Soy What? And Other Vegan Foods to Be Wary Of Chapter 6: Holistic Veganism Chapter 7: Supporting the Child's Emotional Development / Living Foods and Freeing Up Emotions / Listening to How the Child Feels about Eating Animals / Thoughts, Emotions, and the Preparation of Food / Self-Esteem Chapter 8: Supporting the Child's Social Development / Living Foods and the Child's Social Development / Positive Socialization within the Home / Peaceful Conflict Resolution / Other Opportunities for Positive Socialization / Have You Ever Heard of the Candy Fairy? Chapter 9: Supporting the Child's Mental Development / Movement and the Mind / Childhood Depression / Nature and Learning / Emotional Safety and Learning / Deficient Diet and Mental Degeneration / Living Nutrition for the Living Brain / Vitamin-O (Oxygen) / Water / Food for Thought /The Mythological Dangers of High Cholesterol and High Fat / Health Dangers of Low Cholesterol / The Importance of Omega-3s for Health / Media Affects on the Child's Mind / The Harmful Effects of Porgraphy Chapter 10: Synergistic Toxicity of Brain and Body / The Great Vaccine Question for Parents Who Value Alive and Conscious Children: What To Do? / Gluten / Marijuana: Toxicity to the Brain / Fluoride: Toxicity to the Brain and Body / EMFs and Our Children's Brains / Perspectives on Dairy Chapter 11: Supporting the Child's Spiritual Development / Spiritual Nutrition for Childhood / Supporting the Spirit of the Child with Silence / Imagination / Meaningful Work /Wisdom Teachings / Music/ Chapter 12: Recipes for Children / Resources for Holistic Parenting
- Author BiographyRabbi Gabriel Cousens, MD, is a world-recognized medical doctor and spiritual teacher. He is the founder and director of the Tree of Life Foundation, which trains spiritual counselors and coordinates international humanitarian programs benefiting disadvantaged families, children, and indigenous cultures through holistic education. A leading medical authority with forty years of success in healing diabetes naturally, he is also the founder and director of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Patagonia, Arizona, a healing center for spiritual and physical healing. A best-selling author and the creator of Dr. Cousens's Diabetes Recovery Program, he uses the modalities of diet, nutrition, naturopathy, Ayurveda, and homeopathy blended with spiritual awareness in the healing of body, mind, and spirit. Leah Lynn is a former Montessori preschool teacher and the author of Baby Greens; A Live Food Approach for Children of All Ages. She is a spiritual teacher at the Tree of Life Center US, a holistic healing center in Patagonia Arizona founded by Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, MD. Leah is also the founder of I'm Alive! Food For Kids which is a live food online resource for parents and children.
- Author(s)Gabriel Cousens,Leah Lynn
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note8 black and white charts and graphs
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.