Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Cunningham is a storyteller at the height of his powers, and Consequences of the Heart is his triumph. -Irish Times D-Day on a Normandy beach. A flip of a coin seals the destinies of two men in love and war. From one of Ireland's finest writers, Consequences of the Heart is an epic story of passion and fate, of cowardice and bravery, of adultery and of murder. Chud Conduit, wild, illegitimate grandson of Monument's most powerful businesswoman, and Jack Santry, gentle Anglo-Irish heir to the estate on the hill, are unlikely friends. It is their love for Rosa, the beautiful daughter of the local bookmaker that unites them--a passion that persists long after their adolescent idyll is shattered. Chud and Jack meet again at Normandy, where fate determines the course of the rest of their lives. One wins Rosa's hand in marriage, the other her eternal affection, sealing their destinies together over six decades, tangled in a triangle of love that is stronger than social convention and well beyond the law.
- Author BiographyPeter Cunningham grew up in Waterford, the city on which Monument, the town in Consequences of the Heart is based. His previous work includes The Sea andthe Silence (Gemma 2010), and a number of thrillers, written both under his own name and under pseudonyms. His novels include Who Trespass Against Us (London, 1993); Tapes of the River Delta (London, 1995); and Love in One Edition (London, 2001); Taoiseach (London, 2004); and Capital Sins (Dublin, 2010). Peter Cunningham is a member of Aosdana, the Irish Academy of Letters.
- Author(s)Peter Cunningham
- Date of Publication04/05/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.