Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPractical how-to information for conservation-minded urban-planning professionals is provided in this invaluable guide. The importance of natural lands or open space in master-planned communities--either in the suburbs or on the edge of existing cities--is thoroughly explained and coupled with examples of conservation-oriented housing developments that incorporate this key component.
- Author BiographyEd McMahon holds the Charles E. Fraser Chair on Sustainable Development at the Urban Land Institute in Washington, D.C., USA, where he is nationally known as an inspiring and thought provoking speaker and leading authority on topics related to sustainable development, land conservation, smart growth, and historic preservation. As the Senior Fellow for Sustainable Development, McMahon leads ULI's worldwide efforts to conduct research and educational activities related to environmentally sensitive development policies and practices. Before joining the Urban Land Institute in 2004, McMahon spent 14 years as the Vice President and Director of Land Use Planning for The Conservation Fund, Virginia where he helped to protect more than 5 million acres of land of historic or natural significance. He is also the co-founder and former President of Scenic America, a national non-profit organisation devoted to protecting America's scenic landscapes. Before that, he taught law and public policy at Georgetown University Law Center, USA for 9 years, and served in the U.S. Army, both at home and abroad.
- Author(s)Ed McMahon
- PublisherUrban Land Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUrban Land Institute,U.S.
- Weight734 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.