All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe conservation of biological diversity depends on people's kwledge and actions. This book presents the theory and practice for creating effective education and outreach programmes for conservation. The authors describe an exciting array of techniques for enhancing school resources, marketing environmental messages, using social media, developing partnerships for conservation, and designing on-site programmes for parks and community centres. Vivid case studies from around the world illustrate techniques and describe planning, implementation, and evaluation procedures, enabling readers to implement their own new ideas effectively. Conservation Education and Outreach Techniques, w in its second edition and updated throughout, includes twelve chapters illustrated with numerous photographs showing education and outreach programmes in action, each incorporating an extensive bibliography. Helpful text boxes provide practical tips, guidelines, and recommendations for further exploration of the chapter topics. This book will be particularly relevant to conservation scientists, resource managers, environmental educators, students, and citizen activists. It will also serve as a handy reference and a comprehensive text for a variety of natural resource and environmental professionals.
- Author BiographySusan K. Jacobson is a Distinguished Teaching Scholar and Professor in the Department of Wildlife Ecology and at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida. She teaches and conducts research on the human dimensions of natural resource management and environmental communication. She earned her Ph.D. degree in resource ecology from Duke University. She is the author of Communication Skills for Conservation Professionals, and has published well over a hundred journal articles about environmental management education and natural resource conservation in the U.S., Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia. She has served on the Board of Governors of the Society for Conservation Biology and the North American Association for Environmental Education. Mallory McDuff teaches environmental education at Warren Wilson College, a unique liberal arts school that combines academics with work and service. She is the author of Natural Saints: How People of Faith are Working to Protect the Earth (OUP, 2010) and Sacred Acts: How Churches are Working to Protect Earth's Climate (New Society Publishers, 2012). Her essays and op-eds have been featured in USA Today, Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, The Rumpus, and Sojourners. She earned her Ph.D. in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation from the University of Florida. Martha Monroe is an international leader in environmental education research and practice. Her research focuses on the motivations for engagement and assessment of outcomes of effective education programs. She has also conducted a number of evaluations of formal and non-formal environmental education programs, led professional development courses on program evaluation Education, and co-authored Evaluating Your Environmental Education Programs. She was recognized for her career achievements with the highest awards given by the Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals and North American Association for Environmental Education and has mentored over 100 graduate students and authored over 100 book chapters and publications.
- Author(s)Mallory D. McDuff,Martha C. Monroe,Susan K. Jacobson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTechniques in Ecology and Conservation
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight881 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.