All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith the electoral success of the Harper Conservatives federally and of a number of conservative parties provincially, the topic of Canadian conservatism is more important to our understanding of Canadian party politics than ever before. This timely volume presents the first comprehensive examination of Canadian conservatism in a generation - a period during which its nature has changed substantially. Conservatism in Canada explores the ideological character of contemporary Canadian conservatism, its support in the electorate, its impact on public policies such as immigration and foreign policy, and its articulation at both federal and provincial levels. The essays include comparisons with other countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia, as well as specific examinations of conservatism in Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec. Featuring contributions by both established and new scholars in the fields of political science and public policy, this volume makes a significant contribution to our understanding of the changing nature of Canadian conservatism and its broader implications for the future of this country.
- Author BiographyJames Farney is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Regina. He is the author of Social Conservatives and Party Politics in Canada and the United States. David Rayside is a professor in the Department of Political Science and an associate of the Mark S. Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies at the University of Toronto. He is the author of Queer Inclusions, Continental Divisions: Public Recognition of Sexual Diversity in Canada and the United States.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note18 illustrations, 17 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Rayside,James Harold Farney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.