Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionConservative Brain Trust traces the rise, fall, and rise again of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (AEI). More than that, it is the story of one of Washington's leading think tanks, what it's like to work there, how Washington works, and how AEI influences policy, including policy on the controversial Iraq War. The book is a social science and political study of the role of think tanks in Washington policy-making; it is also, in part, a personal memoir of the author's adventures and perceptions in seeking to link academic research and American foreign policy.
- Author BiographyHoward J. Wiarda is Dean Rusk Professor of International Relations at the University of Georgia; professor emeritus of political science and comparative labor relations and the Leonard J. Horwitz Professor of Iberian and Latin American Studies at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst; public policy scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; and senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington.
- Author(s)Howard J. Wiarda
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/12/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.