All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConservative Insurgency takes the form of an oral history of a successful struggle against progressive dominance from the perspective of the year 2041. It is t a vel; instead, it is a rallying cry and a battle plan for constitutional conservatives who feel outnumbered and outgunned by a liberal establishment that wants to make them extinct and Republican moderates who are more than happy to lose if it means they keep getting invitations to all the right parties. Conservative Insurgency lays out the history of this struggle from the point of view of various participants as America inaugurates a new president and fully re-commits to the conservative vision of the Founders. The testimonies of the characters - politicians, academics, activist, soldiers and even a gender-indefinite performance artist who finds that liberalism is more constraining than conservatism ever could be - describe a multi-front, long-term political, social, and cultural war designed to seize society's high ground in order to restore the Founders' vision.
- Author BiographyKurt Schlichter is a weekly columnist for Townhall.com. His freelance work has been published in the New York Post, the Washington Examiner, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Times, Army Times, the San Francisco Examiner, and elsewhere. A stand-up comic for several years, Kurt was personally recruited by Andrew Breitbart, and since 2009 his writings on political and cultural issues have been regularly published in Breitbart.com s Big Hollywood, Big Government, Big Journalism, and Big Peace sections. Kurt is an active Twitter (@KurtSchlichter) user with over 36,000 followers and four e-books that each reached number one on the Amazon Kindle Political Humor bestseller list. Kurt has served as a news source, an on-screen commentator, and a guest on nationally syndicated radio programs regarding political, military, and legal issues, including Fox News. Kurt is a successful trial lawyer and name partner in a Los Angeles law firm representing Fortune 500 companies and individuals in matters ranging from routine business cases to confidential Hollywood disputes. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes attorneys who have won trial verdicts in excess of $1 million. Kurt is a 1994 graduate of Loyola Law School, where he was a law review editor. He majored in communications and political science as an undergraduate at the University of California, San Diego, where he edited the conservative student paper California Review while also writing a regular column in the student humor paper The Koala. Kurt served as a US Army infantry officer on active duty and in the California Army National Guard, reaching the rank of full colonel. He wears the silver jump wings of a paratrooper and commanded the elite 1st Squadron, 18th Cavalry Regiment. A veteran of both the Persian Gulf War and Operation Enduring Freedom (Kosovo), he is a graduate of the United States Army War College, where he received a master of strategic studies degree.
- Author(s)Kurt Schlichter
- PublisherPermuted Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationAR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPost Hill Press
- Weight467 g
- Width147 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.