All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thorough investigation of the material and philosophical aspects of conserving contemporary art. Since the advent of the avant-garde in the early 20th century, visual artists have adopted new techniques and materials, some of whose characteristics of aging and wear are still largely unkwn today. The conservator's intervention has become increasingly delicate, problematic, and experimental and requires t only technical kwledge of these materials but also a greater awareness of the artist's intellectual universe. Conserving Contemporary Art is one of the first books to give a comprehensive overview of the many considerations faced by the conservator of modern and contemporary art.
- Author BiographyOscar Chiantore is a professor of chemistry and polymer technology at the University of Turin. Antonio Rava is a conservator based in Turin where he has headed the conservation firm Rava&C. for over 30 years.
- Author(s)Antonio Rava,Oscar Chiantore
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Conservation Institute,US
- Content Note180 colour & 37 b&w illustrations
- Weight896 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.