Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of this research is to study sliding contact wear of test sled slippers at high velocities. Experimentation representative of the slippers is infeasible, so numerical studies are used. An Eulerian-Lagrangian hydrocode called CTH is used to study mechanical wear. Failure criteria have been established to evaluate the stresses and strains resulting from the hydrocode simulation of a single asperity collision. The results from the hydrocode simulations are scaled to account for slipper bounce and multiple asperities, and these results produce total wear values that are approximately 90% of total experimental wear. Slipper thermodynamics have also been evaluated. The fraction of frictional heating energy entering the slipper has been evaluated, and an average value of approximately 0.125 has been determined.
- Author(s)Stephen P Meador
- Date of Publication04/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight263 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.