Conspiracies: The Facts. The Theories. The Evidence by Andy Thomas (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.17Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt any time in our history, you will find significant and seemingly indisputable events occurring, the kind that can change the course of our lives. Yet for every one of them, somebody, somewhere will loudly dispute the 'official' account, doubting that the truth has been told. In today's environment, with trust in authorities at an all-time low, conspiracy theories have found a new currency, and websites and social networking ensure they receive a wider and more rapid spread than ever before. But how do we separate truth from imagination? Was Princess Diana murdered, as many people think, despite all the official denials? Did NASA really go to the Moon, when amalies in the photographic record suggest otherwise? Could 9/11 really have been set up by agencies within the USA itself? The author opens the conspiracy casebook by examining the mindset of those who believe in conspiracies, and considers whether the dismissive attitude towards them has been fair. Part Two looks into history to establish that conspiracies do occur, credibility should therefore be given to belief in some of the alleged plots and cover-ups of today.This leads into a well-argued examination of some of the most popular conspiracies of our times, including theories over assassinations, UFO cover-ups, and widely voiced concerns over 9/11 and the 'New World Order'. Part Three draws the conclusion that while t all conspiracy theories can be proven, they do at least draw attention to paths t to take, and can be valuable in helping to create a better world where new trust and hope can be forged. Are we living in a world of control, of oppression, of habitual deception? Is this really how things are, or simply human nature massively distorted through a dark lens? The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
- Author BiographyAndy Thomas is one of the UK's leading researchers into unexplained mysteries and conspiracy theories. His many books include the acclaimed The Truth Agenda, which explores paranormal phenomena, global cover-ups and prophecies, and Vital Signs, widely described as the definitive guide to the controversial crop circle phenomenon and nominated for Kindred Spirit magazine's Best Book award. Andy lectures widely in the around the world and makes many regular appearances on TV and radio. www.truthagenda.org
- Author(s)Andy Thomas
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight367 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.