CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Van Metaxas's wife, Maria, was diagsed with terminal cancer in the winter of 2010-when their son, Satchi, was just seven years old-he began keeping an intimate journal of their quest for healing. He recorded the details of their visits with experts in oncology and integrative medicine, acupuncturists, a Tibetan healer, nutritionists, and their spiritual teacher, Ammachi, the hugging saint. He delved into cutting-edge scientific research as they sought out hope, clarity, and compassion in the sometimes-disheartening world of cancer treatment. Most importantly, he kept an unflinchingly honest diary of their family's intimate moments: the way illness challenged and deepened their thirty-year marriage; their conversations with Satchi about healing, death, and God; and the final days of Maria's life, as she relinquished her role as wife and mother, and turned to face her reunion with God. The result is a breathtaking story of one family's empowering journey to love open-heartedly in the face of illness and death. It will touch the hearts of anyone who has faced loss-or aspires to live each day more fully.
- Author BiographyVAN METAXAS is a writer and psychotherapist. He believes that our lives are the visible sign of invisible grace. His popular blog www.ConspiringToHeal.com has inspired many to appreciate that their lives are filled with unimaginable opportunities for healing. He lives with his son in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Van Metaxas
- PublisherVan Metaxas Mft
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVan Metaxas Mft
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.