Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis analyses how supersymmetric (SUSY) extensions of the Standard Model (SM) of particle physics can be constrained using information from Higgs physics, electroweak precision observables and direct searches for new particles. Direct searches for SUSY particles at the LHC have t resulted in any signal so far, and limits on the SUSY parameter space have been set. Measurements of the properties of the observed Higgs boson at 125 GeV as well as of the W boson mass can provide valuable indirect constraints, supplementing the ones from direct searches. Precise calculations are performed for Higgs decays and electroweak precision observables within the minimal supersymmetric extension of the Standard Model and the next to-minimal supersymmetric extension of the Standard Model. Furthermore, a method is presented to reinterpret the LHC limits from direct SUSY searches in more realistic SUSY scenarios. The phemelogical consequences of those results are thoroughly analysed.
- Author BiographyLisa Zeune studied physics at the Universities of Wuppertal, Uppsala and Gottingen. For her PhD studies she joined the DESY theory group in Hamburg. She currently works as postdoctoral researcher at Delta Institute of Theoretical Physics at the University of Amsterdam. Her research focusses on the phenomenology of the Standard Model and its extensions, Higgs physics, Quantum Chromodynamics and effective theories.
- Author(s)Lisa Zeune
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/10/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note70 colour tables, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.