All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes two effectiveness challenges in the data warehousing field in focus. The first and the primary one is a practical challenge. With the approach introduced in this book, data warehouse construction should become substantially cheaper, faster and safer than it is today. The key for this effectiveness is the striking compactness of the approach. The second and the secondary one is a conceptual challenge. With the concise discussions around several fundamental concepts, thinking and discussing in this field should become more effective than it is wadays. This book covers all major areas of data warehouse construction. It is introduced by a data warehouse definition and its context, four classifications, five categories of fifteen requirements, and a review of two methodologies and three constructional approaches. Along a sophisticated reference architecture, plenty of design issues, twenty-one design recommendations, eight practice recommendations, seven design principles, twenty-seven generic algorithms and techniques, twelve metadata-driven generic operators, seven working procedures, four paradigmatic foundations and the paradigm principle itself are presented systematically. There are thirty-five constructional exercises included in the book. If you have completed them during the reading, you have laid a solid fundament of a sophisticated generic data warehouse before you close the book. Otherwise, you can find the solutions in my next book of this series, i.e., Realizing Generic Data Warehouses by Generic SQL Programming.
- Author BiographyDr. Bin Jiang received his master's degree in Computer Science from the University of Dortmund/Germany in 1986. In 1992, he received his doctorate in Computer Science from ETH Zurich/Switzerland. During the research period, two of his publications in the field of database management systems were awarded as the best student papers at the IEEE Conference on Data Engineering in 1990 and 1992. Afterward, he worked for several major Swiss banks and insurance companies, and with one of the largest international data warehousing consulting firms as a system engineer, software developer, and application analyst in the early years, and then as a senior data warehouse consultant and architect for more than twenty years. Dr. Jiang is a Distinguished Professor of China Three Gorges University.
- Author(s)Bin Jiang
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date21/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight753 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.