All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaunch your career in construction management with this one-of-a-kind book <p>The construction management industry is expected to increase employment by 16 percent over the next decade. This second edition of a bestselling introduction to construction management walks you through each stage of the construction management process. <p>Written from the constructor's perspective, this book will familiarize you with all the construction management fundamentals and how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is impacting the construction management profession. * Covers interoperability of techlogy advances in the construction industry * Explains how BIM is challenging the traditional approach to project delivery and how this affects the constructor's role * Elaborates each stage of the design and construction process and the tasks associated with each of them * Shows step-by-step how to estimate project costs, administer contracts, manage job site and construction operations, plan and schedule a project, monitor project performance, manage project quality and safety, and assess project risks * Provides review questions at the end of each chapter to help enforce understanding <p>The tried-and-true project management principles presented in this book will help ensure you a successful start to your career.
- Author BiographyBarbara J. Jackson is Director of the California Center for Construction Education and a Professor of Construction Management at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. She holds a BS in Housing and Design, an MS in Construction Management, and a PhD in Education and Human Resources. With over 20 years of experience as a licensed contractor and design-builder, she is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant on alternative project delivery.
- Author(s)Barbara J. Jackson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width184 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.