Construction Materials: Their Nature and Behaviour by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by shoppingdreamzz
- Est. delivery by 8 Nov
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.53Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo far in the twenty-first century, there have been many developments in our understanding of materials' behaviour and in their techlogy and use. This new edition has been expanded to cover recent developments such as the use of glass as a structural material. It also w examines the contribution that material selection makes to sustainable construction practice, considering the availability of raw materials, production, recycling and reuse, which all contribute to the life cycle assessment of structures. As well as being brought up-to-date with current usage and performance standards, each section w also contains an extra chapter on recycling. Covers the following materials: * metals * concrete * ceramics (including bricks and masonry) * polymers * fibre composites * bitumius materials * timber * glass. This new edition maintains our familiar and accessible format, starting with fundamental principles and continuing with a section on each of the major groups of materials. It gives you a clear and comprehensive perspective on the whole range of materials used in modern construction. A must have for Civil and Structural engineering students, and for students of architecture, surveying or construction on courses which require an understanding of materials.
- Author BiographyPeter Domone is Senior Lecturer in Concrete Technology at University College London with extensive experience teaching materials courses to first, second and third year civil engineering undergraduates. John Illston is a retired Civil Engineer and Lecturer.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note68 black & white tables, 58 black & white halftones, 345 black & white line drawings
- Weight1133 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byDr. Peter Domone,John Illston
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.