All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a clear explanation of the principles and practice of construction planning, programming and control during the preparation and construction stages of a project. The book is written in the context of current procurement and contractual arrangements and JCT2005, NEC3 and ICE7 contracts are covered. The statutory framework within which construction projects must be managed is explained and the topic of construction hazard and risk is covered in detail. A variety of programming techniques are explained and the development of safe construction sequences and methods is particularly emphasised. The control of time, money and resources are considered in a risk management context and a complete chapter is devoted to cash flow. The third edition has been extensively updated and extended to include new materials on: * Hazard identification * Risk assessment * Health and safety management * CDM 2007 * Construction sequences and method statements * Delay analysis * Waste management and Site Waste Management Plans The final three chapters are devoted to individual case studies which have been selected to illustrate the practical application of the principles explained in the book and to provide examples of current procedures adopted by major contractors. The content is designed to provide a clear and comprehensive text for undergraduates on construction management, surveying and civil engineering degree courses.
- Author BiographyBrian Cooke MSc MCIOB is a former chartered civil engineer, quantity surveyor and principal lecturer in construction management. He has lectured widely on management and financial topics both in the UK and overseas. He is currently a visiting lecturer at the University of Salford. Peter Williams MSc is a former chartered builder, chartered quantity surveyor and principal lecturer. He is currently a writer, researcher, lecturer and consultant with particular interests in contracts and finance, delay analysis and health and safety management.
- Author(s)Brian Cooke,Peter Williams
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, plans
- Weight776 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.