Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike any other book on the market, Construction Specifications: Principles and Applications addresses specification writing as a valuable tool that can play a critical role in managing professional risk, enhancing the value of an architect's or engineer's instruments of service, and increasing the profitability of facilities in both public and private sectors. This book will guide users through the creation and implementation of construction specifications and related construction administration documents, detailing the requirements for effective, successful specifications. Coverage includes topics never before explored in other specification-focused publications, such as standards of professional care, risk management, liability reform for architects and engineers, and the very latest formats of the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), including MasterFormat(TM) 2004 Edition, SectionFormat, and UniFormat. Given the growing complexity of the construction industry, the demand for specifications that can serve as management assets and risk prevention resources is at an all-time high, and professionals armed with the kwledge that this book provides will be best prepared to face these new challenges. Check out our app, DEWALT(R) Mobile Pro(TM). This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Wyatt, CSI, CCS, CCCA, holds a Bachelor's Degree from Miami University, and is the founder of Wyatt's Words, an independent publisher and communications consulting company in Hinckley, Ohio. He is currently the Director of Technical Services for TC Architects, Inc. Hans William Meier, AIA, FCSI, CCS, had a career that encompassed the architecture, teaching, and publishing realms, and spanned over 60 years. He received his Master?s degree in Architecture in 1949, and went on to hold various positions of prominence in the industry, including roles as Projects Director and ultimately Chief of Specifications for Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall (DMJM), and as an independent specifications consultant with his own practice. An award-winning designer, Hans?s primary interest was in written contract documents, and as a result, his extensive bibliography includes over 70 published articles in various nationally-distributed magazines and trade publications, as well as numerous published textbooks. An esteemed member of the industry standard-setting the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), he served as chairman of the first Institute Certification Committee, where he oversaw the creation of the Certified Construction Specifier Program. Hans?s list of honors and awards is extensive and includes the J. Norman Hunter Memorial Award (1976) and the Ben John Small Memorial Award (1978), all of which recognized his leadership and insight in the field of construction specifications.
- Author(s)David J. Wyatt,Hans Meier
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Out-of-print date01/03/2017
- Weight800 g
- Width195 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.