Construction Supply Chain Management Handbook by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $194.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $83.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMounting emphasis on construction supply chain management (CSCM) is due to both global sourcing of materials and a shortage of labor. These factors force increasing amounts of value-added work to be conducted off-site deep in the supply chain. Construction Supply Chain Management Handbook compiles in one comprehensive source an overview of the diverse research and examples of construction supply chain practice around the world. Reflecting the emergence of CSCM as an important area of multi-national research and practice, this volume takes an interdisciplinary perspective with contributions from leading international authors in three major areas: production and operations analysis, organizational perspectives, and information techlogy. The book begins with a survey of the current literature on modeling construction supply chain production and describes a set of approaches and methods for designing and operating project supply chains with references to design and materials production. It provides the basic framework for understanding the challenges and approaches to representing and improving supply chain performance. The next section recognizes the importance of considering arrangements between the different firms involved in designing, procuring, and assembling construction, and reviews various perspectives to understanding and improving organizational issues in the supply chain. The final section provides an overview of a range of information techlogies that can contribute to supply chain performance, as well as examples of effective use. The organization and sourcing of materials is increasingly complex across the global construction industry. Construction clients are demanding faster, more responsive construction processes and higher quality facilities. This volume provides an invaluable resource to understanding the implications of supply chain management, which is sure to result in more effective construction project execution.
- Author BiographyUniversity of Texas, Dept of Civil, Architect & Civil Eng, A Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazi Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands University of Newcastle, Callaghan, Australia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note126 black & white illustrations, 44 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCarlos T. Formoso,Kerry A. London,Ruben Vrijhoef,William J. O'Brien
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.