Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionConstructive Conflicts provides a framework for analyzing social conflicts of all kinds, with emphasis on how conflicts can lead to positive change. The fifth edition of this comprehensive and highly-regarded book has been updated and revised throughout. The book introduces key principles, uses a wide range of case studies, applies core ideas about conflicts, synthesizes interdisciplinary perspectives, and shares the latest research. Louis Kriesberg and Bruce W. Dayton examine the many factors that cause social conflicts to move more or less constructively through a series of stages: emergence, escalation, de-escalation, becoming transformed and settled, and often emerging again in new forms. This fifth edition pays increased attention to the significant role of social movements and n-governmental organizations as conflict actors, the use of n-coercive but persuasive means for both escalating and de-escalating conflicts, and the kinds of post-conflict activities that are most likely to result in enduring peace.
- Author BiographyLouis Kriesberg is professor emeritus of sociology and Maxwell Professor Emeritus of Social Conflict Studies at Syracuse University. He is the founding director of the Program on the Analysis and Resolution of Conflicts and past president of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Bruce W. Dayton is associate professor of peacebuilding and conflict transformation and director of the CONTACT Peacebuilding Program at the SIT Graduate Institute, School for International Training.
- Author(s)Bruce W. Dayton,Louis Kriesberg
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 8 tables
- Weight735 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.