All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe buying, selling, and writing of books is a colossal industry in which marketing looms large, yet there are very few books which deal with book marketing (how-to texts excepted) and fewer still on book consumption. This invative text t only rectifies this, but also argues that far from being detached, the book business in fact epitomises today's Entertainment Ecomy (fast moving, hit driven, intense competition, rapid techlogical change, etc.). Written by an impressive roster of rewned marketing authorities, many with experience of the book trade and all gifted writers in their own right, Consuming Books steps back from the practicalities of book marketing and takes a look at the industry from a broader consumer research perspective. Consisting of sixteen chapters, divided into four loose sections, this key text covers: * a historical overview * the often acrimonious marketing/literature interface * the consumers of books (from book groups to bookcrossing) * a consideration of the tensions that both literary types and marketers feel. With something for everyone, Consuming Books t only complements the 'how-to' genre but provides the depth that previous studies of book consumption conspicuously lack.
- Author BiographyStephen Brown is Professor of Marketing Research at the University of Ulster. Best known for Postmodern Marketing, he has published numerous books including Free Gift Inside and Wizard. His papers have appeared in the Harvard Business Review, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research and many more.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2008
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight380 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byStephen Brown
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.