All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge MacDonald: Christian Visionary, Master of C.S. LewisGeorge MacDonald, Scottish poet, velist, and minister, was a mentor to Lewis Carroll, friend of Mark Twain, and inspiration to countless Christians including C. S. Lewis, celebrated author of Mere Christianity, who referred to MacDonald as his master and said of his Unspoken Sermons that it had given readers indispensable help toward the very acceptance of the Christian faith. Madeleine L'Engle, author of A Wrinkle in Time, wrote that George MacDonald gives me renewed strength during times of trouble--times when I have seen people tempted to deny God. In Consuming Fire: The Inexorable Power of God's Love, editor Onesimus has transformed MacDonald's magnificent three-volume work into an extraordinary daily devotional. Philosopher Thomas Talbott, author of The Inescapable Love of God, calls Consuming Fire a perfect introduction to MacDonald's reflections on God and Christian living; and for those who already kw and love these sermons, an opportunity to meditate daily on its spiritual insights. Barbara Amell, editor of the journal Wingfold, writes that unlike many devotional volumes, which provide the reader with scant material to ponder, we are offered a substantial daily reading from MacDonald's incomparable Unspoken Sermons, the product of his extempore preaching in England and Scotland. Onesimus has edited this book with great care and with a ble purpose. In a class with Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest, Consuming Fire reveals MacDonald at his best: at once deep and profoundly practical, inspiring, convicting, uplifting, and joyous in his passionate love of Christ. Pastor John Kermott of the First Baptist Church of Sterling, IL, writes when I came to read the Unspoken Sermons of George MacDonald, the thought that came to me was, 'This guy kws Jesus, ' and I saw my need to kw Him better. This devotional will give any reader fresh ways to ponder the scripture and the One toward whom the scripture points. All Royalties Go to Finding a Cure for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)Onesimus and his late wife came to Christ through the writings of George MacDonald and C.S. Lewis. All royalties from Consuming Fire go to the ALS Therapy Development Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the foremost nprofit biotechlogy organization dedicated to finding a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease. According to Lisa Murkowski, senior United States Senator from the State of Alaska, ALS is a devastating disease that erodes victims' communication and physical skills, but it cant take away their souls. I commend Onesimus for this devotional designed to give urishment to the hearts and souls of those suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease, and the family and friends who watch over them and provide them the support they need.
- Author BiographyGeorge MacDonald (1824-1905) was a Scottish minister, novelist, and poet, and one of the greatest and most inspiring Christian thinkers of all time. A mentor to Lewis Carroll and friend of Mark Twain, MacDonald's writing was a powerful influence on later authors including J.R.R. Tolkien, Madeleine L'Engle, W.H. Auden, and G.K. Chesterton. C.S. Lewis wrote that I have never concealed the fact that I regarded him as my master; indeed I fancy I have never written a book in which I did not quote from him.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byOnesimus
- Foreword byMichael Phillips
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.