Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by Walter Benjamin's classical Arcades Project, Consuming Media is a pioneering exploration of the interface between communication, shopping and everyday life. Based on a six-year study by over a dozen scholars on a specific site, it analyses the links between power, media and consumption in contemporary urban culture.Illustrated with rich ethgraphic detail, Consuming Media scrutinises four main media circuits - print media, media images, sound and motion, and hardware machines - to assess how media texts and techlogies are selected, purchased and used.Exploring the relations between different media, the nature of cultural citizenship and the power relations of public space, Consuming Media presents an ethgraphy of globalisation and develops a new approach to understanding media consumption.
- Author BiographyJohan Fornas is Professor in Culture Studies at Linkoping University, Director of the Advanced Cultural Studies Institute of Sweden and author of Digital Borderlands. Karin Becker is Professor in Journalism at Stockholm University and in Culture Studies at Linkoping University and author of Dorothea Lange and the Documentary Tradition. Erling Bjurstrom is Professor in Culture Studies at Linkoping University and author of Children and Television Advertising. Hillevi Ganetz is Associate Professor in Gender Studies at Uppsala University.
- Author(s)Erling Bjurstrom,Hillevi Ganetz,Johan Fornas,Karin Becker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight475 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.