Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume deals with several types of contact languages: pidgins, creoles, mixed languages, and multi-ethlects. It also approaches contact languages from two perspectives: an historical linguistic perspective, more specifically from a viewpoint of genealogical linguistics, language descent and linguistic family tree models; and a sociolinguistic perspective, identifying specific social contexts in which contact languages emerge.
- Author BiographyYaron Matras, University of Manchester, UK; Peter Bakker, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- Series TitleLanguage Contact and Bilingualism [LCB]
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDe Gruyter Mouton
- Weight817 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byPeter Bakker,Yaron Matras
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.