All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume deals with several types of contact languages: pidgins, creoles, mixed languages, and multi-ethlects. It also approaches contact languages from two perspectives: an historical linguistic perspective, more specifically from a viewpoint of genealogical linguistics, language descent and linguistic family tree models; and a sociolinguistic perspective, identifying specific social contexts in which contact languages emerge.
- Author BiographyYaron Matras, University of Manchester, UK; Peter Bakker, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- Series TitleLanguage Contact and Bilingualism [LCB]
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter Inc
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings, 13 schw.-w. Tab., 4 schw.-w. Zeichn.
- Weight800 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byPeter Bakker,Yaron Matras
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.